Wednesday 2 May 2012

a smile and a ribbon;

In the year since I graduated finding full time work is something that has not come easily.
 I am one of the lucky ones who managed to find a part time job and even though it was 
a whole other city away I counted my blessings. I know I am not the only one of my friends
who was in this situation but it really truly got me down - silly I know.
Recently I remembered something my Papabear said to me about positive thinking and so I
decided that the only way things were going to change and get better
was if I kept positive and told myself they were definitely going to happen. So I applied for some
jobs and I thought positive and I got TWO interviews.



There was one I wanted more that the other (but I obviously went along to both)
 and so I kept thinking about just how much I wanted it.
I was told over five hundred people had applied and that I was in the lucky 100 that were
being interviewed and out of those around twenty would be hired with only seven full time positions!
Oh my gosh, what a lot of pressure. 



So I went to the interview and tried my best not
to ramble on and keep my calm and be myself and be honest.
So for the few days after my interview I kept telling myself, this is it, just keep positive.
And on Monday, I got a phone call from my new manager telling me that I'd really impressed them and that they'd like to offer me a job at the new Urban Outfitters opening up in my town. 


So from now on I've made a promise to myself to keep positive, it's not a bad life, it's just a bad day. 
I also decided a new job needs a new hair cut, and so I decided to do something daring 
and got a full fringe too. Eeek! Let me know what you think.




Tomorrow I'm going to the Lake District for the day, and I absolutely cannot wait, it's my favourite place in the world.






Sincerely, Alexa 





Please visit the Urban Outfitters York Facebook page and click "Like" for me? We need 1000 likes by June 1st! 

No comments:

Post a Comment